From Laura Dudas, President of the Blackburn Community Association...
I have received an update from the NCC regarding the status of the new trail construction connecting our communities.
- Design of the trail network is complete.
- Environmental Assessment is 96% complete. It will be on hold until June when they will do a final study to determine if brown bats will be impacted by the construction. If the answer is yes, they will be required to determine mitigation messages before they proceed.
- The project is broken into 3 phases:
- Phase 1 - North end of Tauvette to ball diamonds on Innes Road
- Phase 2 - Continuing from the ball diamonds on Innes Road (Glen Park Drive) through the woods to the lights crossing the Blackburn bypass.
- Phase 3 - Continuing from the south side of the crossing light at the Bypass all the way to the Prescott-Russell Trail
- Progress on the phases will be determined based on funding.
- The NCC 2017 budget in January will determine how quickly the phases will begin or be completed.
- If there is funding for the project in January, engagement of the community associations, elected representatives, will occur by the NCC.
- The trail is approximately $1 million for all three phases.
Hope this helps.